Changes in HR and payroll regulations in APAC are commonplace. In particular, payroll in the APAC region is unique, complex, and varied. Although APAC has much to offer expanding companies, setting up operations can be particularly challenging.
Keywords: Mazars, Thailand, Payroll, APAC
18 October 2021
Regardless of the size of the company or the nature of the business, it is important to be aware of these changes. When companies don’t comply with such regulations, they face stiff fines and penalties. To help businesses make proper plans to mitigate risks, our APAC payroll newsletter - 2021 Q3 highlights some new laws that impact companies currently operating or planning to expand in the region.
- Expanding superannuation reporting via single touch payroll Phase 2
- Definition and entitlements of casual employees
- Increase in statutory holidays
- Withholding tax Article 21
- Minimum hourly wages update
- Implementation of employment insurance for workers with special types of employment
- Mandatory issuance of payslips
- New initiative by Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Mandatory retrenchment notifications
- Reduction in Social Security Fund contribution
Click the link below to download this newsletter from our website.
APAC payroll newsletter - 2021 Q3